martes, 27 de octubre de 2009

SIMPLE PRESENT OR PRESENT CONTINOUS


Simple Present or Present Continuous:

Instructions: Fill in the blanks with the correct verb tense.


1. Every Saturday, John (drive) ____________________ his son to soccer practice.


2. Usually, I (work) _____________________ as a professor at the National University in

Tokyo, but this summer I (study) _____________________ English in the United States.

That’s why I am here in the U.S.


3. Shhhh! Be quiet! The baby (sleep)______________________.


4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) _____________________.


5. It (always, snow) ___________________ a lot during the winter.

6. I'm sorry, but I can't hear what you (say) ___________________ . Everybody (talk)

___________________ so loudly.


7. Maria (currently, write) ___________________ a book about her experiences in the U.S.


8. A: Do you want to go for a walk around the lake? I (need) _____________ some exercise.


B: No, I can't. I (watch) _____________________ my little sister.

9. The business cards (normally, be) _____________________ printed by a company in San
Francisco. Their prices (be) _________________ inexpensive and the quality of their work
is good.


10. The children (eat) ____________________ too much candy. They are going to be sick!


11. She (always, call) ____________________ her mother when she gets home.


12. Ron and Kay (look) ___________________ out the window at the beautiful bird in the
tree.


13. They (feed) ___________________ the birds every day.


14. I (always, play) ___________________ on Thursdays.

15. Now, I can’t understand what he (say) ______________. He (speak) ______________ too fast!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario